Get a scholarship to study in Australia
You can get a scholarship to cover your fees and costs to study in Australia.
If you get a scholarship you will also need to get a student visa
Scholarships for people from a developing country
You can get a scholarship to learn new skills you can apply to help develop your home country.
This is part of the Australia Awards Scholarships program. What you can study
You can do undergraduate or postgraduate study. You can also study at selected Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. Who can apply
You must be a citizen of and living in one of the Australia Awards participating countries
You can't be a permanent Australian resident or citizen. You can't be applying for residency or citizenship. What you can get
The scholarship includes the following benefits:
- your full tuition fees covered
- return air travel
- an allowance to get set up in Australia
- money to cover your living expenses.
You must return to your home country for at least two years after your scholarship. Find out more about Australia Awards Scholarships
Read more about Australia Awards Scholarships
If you want to do study, research or professional development
You can apply for support to do study, research or professional development in Australia.
This is part of the Endeavour Leadership program. What you can study
You can apply for a scholarship to do research or professional development for up to a year.
You can apply for a scholarship of one to four years for:
What you can get
- postgraduate study, such as a Masters or PhD
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) at dipoma, advanced diploma or associate degree level.
You can get up to $36,000 a year made up of:
- up to $30,000 a year towards tuition fees
- a travel allowance of up to $3,000
- an allowance of $2,000 to $4,000 to get set up in Australia
- health and travel insurance
- $3,000 a month for expenses
Who can apply
You can't apply if you're a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
You must be at least 18 years old when you start the program.
If you want to do research or VET, it must be an approved course that's part of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Read more about accreditation and how to find out if your course is part of the AQF
Your study must be with an Australian education or training provider. It must be done in Australia.
You can't apply if you:
- are doing a leadership activity in another country where you're a citizen or permanent resident
- have already got funding under an Endeavour program
- get any other Australian Government scholarship or benefits.
When you can apply
Applications are expected to be open in July or August 2018.
For additional information write to RBGrants@education.gov.au